Neck-and-Neck with UKIP.


I suspect the man wearing a purple and yellow-striped tie on the platform of Hitchin Station the other day voted for UKIP.

If he didn’t, he clearly hadn’t considered the colour scheme. Either that, or he’d bought it before the party came into existence (or chose their branding) and wasn’t prepared to send his neckwear out to pasture. That’s fair enough; why retire a tie-able tie?

(…easy for me to say.)

Even bearing this in mind, it’s still a brave choice. I’d made this political association within seconds, and all I did was write a short blog about it. Other commuters may have not have been so kind. Maybe he was off on a UK Independence Party day trip to Clacton. I hope he didn’t buy a return ticket.

I see UKIP as a bunch of leery, casually racist uncles with funding – and a worrying propensity for mustard-coloured trousers.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.