Loving Jamelia.


I had plans for my morning, until I saw they were discussing Jamelia's 20 Favourite Love Songs on 4Music.

How could I leave home and miss the chance to glean such essential information? If I did, I’d spend the rest of the day on edge. I’d be out for breakfast with my wife, there in body, not in spirit. My mind would be reeling with potential choices and their rankings. By bedtime, I’d be a gibbering wreck.

The following day, I’d scour the TV listings for news of the show’s next broadcast. I’d search the internet for a comprehensive list. If all else failed, I’d contact the programme’s production company and Jamelia’s agent in the hope that either one could fill me in. I wouldn’t rest until I knew which twenty love songs the lovely Jamelia loved the best.

It doesn't matter that her choices were probably restricted to what music videos were available. It's irrelevant that I only vaguely know who Jamelia is.  It’s the way I am: I’m a completest. If there’s a countdown in existence, I'm in 'til the bitter end. 

Who’s to say her top twenty would be enough? What about 21-40, or 41-60?  If by the end of my life, I haven't run every recorded love song in existence past the popular singer-cum-quiz-show-panelist and learnt their corresponding chart position, then my time on this planet will have been a waste. The same goes for the other T4 presenters too.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.