Journa-MISSED.

For the first time in seven years, I haven't written a press release for Mostly Comedy. 

I've always made the local press deadlines every month, but this month I've had other things on my mind. My solo show became my priority. That said, I would have put some promotional material together if it had been strictly necessary, but it was less 'pressing' as we were already sold out. 

(There I go again with my 'first thought jokes'; *cough* Brighton review *cough*.)

Despite it being less important than usual, I'm still frustrated that I haven't done it. I'm a completest, so these things make me tetchy. It's also good to spread the word about such a great line-up (*cough* Sara Pascoe and Aisling Bea *cough*). It's good status for the club. But it's still out there, without us having to encourage it along. That's why people booked in the first place. 

(...starting sentences with 'that' and 'but', David? Has it really come to this?)   

Perhaps I'll do it tomorrow. If I do, it might at least make The Comet on the day of the gig. I'll ensure I'm up to speed again next month. Let's face it: missing the deadline once out of about eighty times isn't bad going. ‎

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.