Going Innerer.


I quite like the idea of going on a meditation retreat.

I don’t know if I ever will. It seems like an extravagance. Do you need to go away to do something you can practise anywhere? Despite the nagging feeling that I shouldn’t, primarily for financial reasons, I’m still tempted. It would be nice to know I’d be using the time to consolidate on the techniques I’ve learnt from my classes and books, and treating myself to a little me-time in the process.

I’m not sure I’d be able to cope with the social side, being by my very nature, antisocial. I like to have time to myself, so the enforced sociability would be a struggle. I know I’ve used the word ‘social’ in various forms three times in this paragraph, but I haven’t got the energy to rework it; I write every day, man.

(...I’m already down with the lingo.)

Despite this potential setback, I think it would be good for me. It would be great stress relief. What may seem like a luxury might actually be a necessity, if it helps me be more relaxed in my free time and more productive in my work. It certainly did wonders for The Beatles. They wrote most of The White Album on their sojourn to India. I think I could rustle up four sides of vinyl over a similar timescale. I’ve already got the beard for a kick-off.

In the meantime, I’ll keep practising at home and going to classes. I won’t decamp to Rishikesh yet; not yet, but soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.