Brighton III: The Search for Spock.


Today saw my third Brighton show in a row after a five-day-straight of gigs.

It went well overall. I was slightly more rested then I was for yesterday’s performance, but still pretty exhausted. I’m looking forward to a day off tomorrow to allow me to regroup for Tuesday, when I have the luxury of a later start time. It should make for a fun - and more energised - finish to the run.

There’s no doubt that today was pressured. I had press and an agent in, plus a friend who I had discussed the show with a lot without her seeing it. Glyn came too, despite suffering from what I'd affectionately term the Death Plague. This was very good of him - and I’m not just saying this because he’s next to me on the train as I write.

Despite the added edge of an industry presence, and a quiet house, I felt less rushed than yesterday. I painted myself into a corner once or twice when adlibbing through tiredness, but there were still nice moments. I’m enjoying the experience; it’s been useful in getting the show up on its feet. It makes me wish I was taking it to Edinburgh this year, though there’s plenty of time before I again face the debt which goes along with that. 

That’s enough show talk for the day. I’m going to sit quietly with a cup of tea and a biscuit. What am I saying? Biscuits work best in plural.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.