Brighton the First.

I'll keep it brief, as I've got to get up in a couple of hours to get the train; such are the unsociable hours of a performer. 

Tonight saw my first proper performance of '...and Ephgrave' on the Brighton Fringe. I have to say I enjoyed it. I don't HAVE to say I enjoyed it, in fact, but I still will. The initial set-up was stressful, due the usual problems I associate with doing a show in a Free Fringe venue. While they do a wonderful thing, and I'm exceptionally grateful for the opportunity, it's always a little fraught when you're playing a space with no technical support. I spent at least an hour and a half trying to work out which channels worked on the two desks at my disposal. As someone who's reasonably technically proficient and still struggled, I dread to think what it would be like if you had no idea how anything worked. 


Thankfully, I had my friend Stephen there to assist me. It was nice to have the moral support, particularly after the last two days of travelling there and back on my own with no company. It's nice to have someone with you both for your sanity, and also for practical assistance, when you have to wrestle with projectors and  gaffa tape leads to the floor.

A huge bonus was I was allowed to use the projector and screen that are rigged in the space. This cuts out a lot of set-up and pack down time. It also helps that I'm first in the space every day, despite the varying start times, so have no-one there in front of me. 



Tomorrow will be a long one. I have to catch the train at 8:30am to get to Brighton for my show that starts at 12:45pm, and I'm then doing a spot as part of Laughing Horse's Pick of the Fringe at 8:15. As it stands, I probably should have left Brighton sooner today - but it was nice to have a wind-down with Steve and another friend - the comic Jack Hope - who had come along to see it. 

Now, it's time for bed, if I can just convince my cat to vacate my lap. Oh...pets.  

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.