.............................................................................tea.


I couldn’t order a hot drink at my local pub restaurant tonight because there was “a twenty-five minute wait on tea”.

I’d suggest they need to buy a new kettle. Either that, or keep it closer to the bar. The only time I’d expect this delay would be if they handpick their leaves from a plantation with a ten-minute commute.

The time frame was very specific. Not twenty minutes, or thirty, but twenty-five. This suggests past-history, or an antiquated tea-making procedure. Do they wait for the water to heat naturally? Do they warm it over a flint-lit fire? Do they have a travel kettle? If it takes them this long to make tea, imagine the wait for food.

The pub is five minutes’ walk from my flat. I could have forward-rolled home, made tea, drunk it and backward-rolled back with time to spare. This is a challenge I’d be willing to accept.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.