Not O 'K'.

Would it have been wrong of me to correct someone on their misinterpretation of the lyrics to Kula Shaker's Govinda today? 

I didn't do it in the end, which took all of my strength. I was working in the office at the time, when the culprit walked past, getting Britpop very wrong. Admittedly it's a hard song to get right, but singing 'Govinda Jaya Jaya' repeatedly doesn't cut it; you need to slip a 'Gopala Jaya Jaya' in at least. 

He didn't know a Kula Shaker fan was in earshot, to be fair. We're few and far between. I thought their debut album was excellent, as was their version of the Deep Purple song Hush. I bought their lesser-known single Sound of Drums, and saw them play a blinder at Cambridge Corn Exchange, without a swastika in sight. 

My old band supported them once in Bedford. Crispian Mills watched our set from the side of the stage, whilst wearing a stormtrooper helmet. He may have been a great guitarist, but he was a bit of a dick.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.