Good Ship, Man

Glyn and I did a charity gig at The Good Ship in Kilburn tonight in aid of deafblind charity, Sense.

It was organised and MCed by a friend of ours, Katie Pritchard, who also took part in the Marathon for the charity. Today. She ran twenty-six miles AND hosted a comedy gig on the same day. Comparatively, I've done nothing. 

Despite being less active, I still felt exhausted; as did Glyn. I haven't caught up from Thursday yet, and the faff of going in and out of London for yesterday's no-show didn't help. Before the gig, I felt like I was being held together by surface tension alone; seldom the precursor to a great performance. 

Though neither of us were 100% on form, we enjoyed it. It helped that there was a good audio-visual set up at the venue, which meant we didn't have to use our equipment. We'd carried it there, of course, but such is life. It made for an easier pack-up.‎

Before the gig, we went for a meal in an Italian restaurant opposite the venue. The food was great and exceptionally cheap. I would have had a dessert if it hadn't been for the rush, which would have added a food coma to proceedings. I've no right to moan. I haven't run the distance from Stevenage to London today. I doubt I ever will in my lifetime; not when there's such a thing as public transport.   ‎

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.