Flyering High.



I ordered the posters and flyers for my Brighton show today. It’s official: it’s happening.


Flyer front (proof)

Flyer back (proof)

Poster (proof)
They were designed - rather splendidly - by my comedy wife, Glyn. He did a great job. They make the show look like a real thing. Now, there’s just the small matter of finishing writing it.

The great thing is that most of the admin is now done. The press releases have been sent and the artwork is winging its way to the venue. I can now switch my attention fully to the material. I did a dry run of what I intend to do at Thursday's Mostly Comedy, which sat together nicely, and ran at about thirty-five minutes. This is more than enough for that environment. It’s also without an audience reaction, which will double the length. A mass boo can stretch a show’s duration immensely.

I plan to squeeze a few extra bits into Saturday’s Work in (Hope of) Progress date, which should take the running time up to about forty minutes. I then have just shy of a fortnight to finish up some other ideas, and polish the whole, so it feels less like a set and more like a show. I’d be delighted if the Brighton performances ran at fifty minutes, but would be happy with forty-five. I then have a couple of months to consider what I want to add or subtract before I take it to the Camden Fringe in August.

I imagine it will change by then. That’s okay. I see it as an organic process. It’s also an experiment to see what I can do. The main thing is to enjoy it. If I do, then others should as well. If not, I’ll threaten them with my improvised mace.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.