Flip-flopped.


If anyone witnessed me buying flip-flops and a baseball cap in Poundland this morning: THEY WERE FOR A CASTING.

It may surprise you to learn I have neither item in my wardrobe. Then again, it may not. I’m not a flip-flop-and-baseball-cap kind of person. It isn’t a look I can pull off, without resembling a cross between a William Hague-style photo opportunity and a cry for help: little difference there then.

I wasn’t sure where to buy them from, as they're not really in my remit. I didn’t want to pay a lot when I’d only wear them once. The only time I’d pull out this tasteless head-and-footwear combo again would be if I got a recall, which wasn’t definite. My initial attempts to find them weren’t fruitful: a quick Google of ‘cheap flip flops Hitchin’ brought up a pair in Shoe Zone for £14.99, which was more than I was willing to spend – and ‘flops’ kept being unhelpfully corrected to ‘floss’ by the search bar on Wilko's website.

While internet shopping is invaluable, you sometimes can’t beat going out on the street. So it was for me. It only took a two-minute walk from my office to Poundland and then a minute's worth of browsing to come up with the goods; in the same section, no less:



Perhaps the Poundland staff are psychic. Maybe they’d received the casting breakdown too and thought they’d cater to a very specific audience. Whatever the reason, I left their store with a smile on my face and some dubious clothing in my bag. It doesn’t get better than that.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.