Ephgraveyard

I'm currently sitting in the graveyard near my flat, enjoying the birdsong. 

I needed a break from the office. While I like it there, it can be stagnating. I've spent the day tinkering with material, but found it difficult to concentrate.  I couldn't decide which bit to work on. There's also only so much being in a room that's barely bigger than my own volume that I can take. 

I used to visit this cemetery more often, but not lately. It's a good place to think. There's nothing quite like being surrounded by scores of the long-dead to give a sense of perspective. It's also very pretty, with lots of animal-and-birdlife to spot. I saw a pair of green woodpeckers here once or twice, which was exciting; I'm easily pleased. 

I posed for my actor's headshot here, whilst sitting on the selfsame bench. My wife took the photo, as she's a dab hand with the camera. She's also very cheap. She did it in return for a fish-and-chip-dinner, which was a good rate. It was technically a fiddle, as I ended up getting the food free from Glyn's dad's chip shop. It's good to have friends in high (or fry) places. ‎

I'll go home soon - but before I do, I'll take a moment to sit here and do nothing. I may even meditate. I hope no-one mistakes me for a corpse. ‎

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.