Today's Itinerary


I’ve spent the last few hours running the material I plan to do at Monday week’s SohoTheatre Comedy Project gig, plus working on a couple of new bits I might try out at Thursday’s Hitchin Mostly Comedy.

I’m pleased with how it's coming together on the whole. I’m making a point of running the stuff for the Soho show at least once a day, to get comfortable with it. If I can make the meat of the material second nature, I’ll be more relaxed on the day. It’s still very new. While there are a few weak links between set pieces, it’s beginning to feel cohesive. I’m looking forward to trying it in front of an audience. More than anything, I’m looking forward to the Actors’ Temple Work in(Hope of) Progress gig at the end of the same week, as it’s likely to be a more relaxed and receptive environment. My approach can be looser. I can risk doing unfinished stuff, to see how it lands.

Once the Soho show has past I can switch my attention to writing more for Brighton. While I’m conscious of needing to speed up my productivity to meet the May deadline, the fact a few new bits and pieces are coming together that excite me eases my mind. I plan to try out five minutes of new stuff at Mostly this week. I’ve also got a five-minute open spot at a gig in London on Wednesday. I’d like to do the same set there, but it involves projection. There are a few niche references which will be helped with a visual prompt. I may blow up a couple of key images to A3 and take them with me. I’d rather try it out two days in a row to get a better idea of whether it works. Anyone know a quick, cheap printing company? Ideally someone I don’t need to explain my need for a print of Grotbags to. I could do without that.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.