Sports Casmeron.


As soon as I saw a picture of David Cameron wearing a jumper, I knew he spoke for me.



Until yesterday, I’d only seen him in a suit; save that time he wore a wetsuit, which is best forgotten. Don’t Google it. Even that was a suit of sorts. Look at its name. Got it? Good. 

The fact that he’s so meticulously turned out made me assume he represented a different social strata (that was until I caught myself using the word ‘strata’ and realised I’m pompous and aspirational myself). Everything about him – the privileged background, the time at Eton and Oxford, the long waxy face – suggested he could never work for me. Then he went casual. He slipped his sweater on and his tie off. He did speeches with people behind him. He proved he could lead the way.

Who cares that Dave's a Tory. Who cares about the fivehead. He owns a jumper: give him a break. 

(Don't vote for him though.)

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.