Something to Think About.

Yet again, my meditation class came along to rescue me.

Today has been frustrating. I was originally supposed to be going to Cambridge, to have my laptop looked at (to be repaired, rather than simply viewed). I cancelled the appointment last night. 'Great', I thought. 'I'll now have extra time to write some stand-up'.

Sadly, my intention didn't bear fruit. Try as I might, I couldn't get into the right frame of mind. I tinkered with a few bits and pieces, but couldn't concentrate. Nothing inspired me - and every second I wasn't working felt like a second wasted.

Tonight's class cleansed the palate. Even this was against all odds. My bus was ten minutes late. This made me ten minutes late too. I powered-walked to the school, trying to not get stressed about it. There's something counter-intuitive about rushing to a relaxation session.

I walked in to find everyone already meditating. I settled down physically, but took a while to settle mentally. Despite my initial struggle, I left refreshed. While I practise a little on my own every day, I find these weekly formal group sessions invaluable. Sometimes I don't want to attend, through laziness. When I go, I don't regret it. Those yogis got it right: it's good shit, man.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.