Pointless Wedding

One of the contestants on today's episode of Pointless complained she had no spare time because she was busy planning her wedding. I found this ironic, as I was in the queue to watch a recording of the show when I booked mine. 

This sounds like a lie.  It isn't. I didn't do it on a whim. There was a bit of forward-planning. I popped the question to my girlfriend a few days before. We decided we wanted get married the same year, and to book a date before we told people, to make it tangible. So it was that I found myself on the phone to Marylebone Register Office whilst in line outside Elstree Studios, waiting to watch my favourite early evening game show. 

It wasn't the best time to make the call, if I'm honest. I hadn't thought it through. The people at the register office were very helpful and offered me a few dates, but told me that a Registrar would have to speak to me before anything could be confirmed. They said I should expect a phone call within the next half an hour. This wasn't a time frame I had. It wasn't until I was being shepherded in that they called me back. It gave a sense of urgency to proceedings. It was a little surreal. 

It's not every day that you book a wedding and hold a Pointless trophy. I'm not saying which was best.‎

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.