My Masterpiece.

I need to fill a blank postcard with something arty this week, and I've no idea what.

This commission is for a good cause. A few months ago, I received a Tweet from someone asking if I'd submit a postcard's worth of artwork for a local exhibition in aid of Bliss, a charity which provides vital information and support to families with premature babies. The postcards will be exhibited and sold, with all proceeds going to Bliss.

My only setback is the fact I can barely write, let alone draw. Thankfully, you can also submit a collage or a photograph. The only stipulation is it has to be something related to Hitchin. I'd like whatever I do to be appropriate and show thought. I also want it to be appealing enough for someone to buy it.

I think I've stumbled across a solution which may seem like a cheat. My wife's taken some lovely pictures of Hitchin. I'm sure one of them will do the job. I won't take credit for it. I'm not that sneaky. It may seem like I've outsourced my submission, but at least then it might make some money for the cause. Anything I draw may turn evil, like the painting in Ghostbusters II.








Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.