Mostly New.


I used tonight’s Hitchin gig to try out five minutes of new solo material.


I’m happy with how it went. Each topic needs tightening, but showed promise. There’s a bit about the Wizard of Oz that I’m particularly happy with. The rest could do with a tinker. Couldn’t we all?

I now have to decide whether I want to slip any of it into Monday’s Soho Theatre set. The jury’s out. While the show's billed as work-in-progress, or Work in (Hope of) Progress, I’m anticipating the audience to expect something slick. This is more in my head than in actuality. I’ll run it in over the weekend to see what I think. Either way, I’ve got another chance to try it out on the 28th.

It was good gig for Doggett & Ephgrave (I like almost referring to myself in third person). We played it safe material-wise, but it went well. We’d both anticipated a tough crowd because of low numbers. They were actually lovely, and up-for-it. It was a gentler, more relaxed night than some of the recent sold out gigs.

The podcast suffered a little from technical gremlins. We forgot to clear a memory card on one of the recording devices in our rush to set up. Consequently, mine and Glyn’s mic went down halfway through Norman Lovett’s interview. Glyn switched his iPhone to record as soon as he noticed. We also rushed our interview with Tom Goodliffe a bit.

We enjoyed recording the links. For some reason, we ended up on the subject of Neighbours’ thirtieth anniversary. I told Glyn about my obsession with a specific storyline featuring the character Cheryl Stark. It was good to get this out in the open. All will be revealed when the podcast is uploaded next week. Edge-of-your-seat stuff.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.