Two-Week Hiatus.


I’ve decided to pull the shutter down on writing any new stand-up material for two weeks.

This will help me to focus on getting to grips with what I’ve already got. Three deadlines are scorched into my brain: the first work-in-progress gig on 28th February, the Comedy Project date at the Soho Theatre on 23rd March and my first Brighton Fringe show on 8th May. The middle one is the most ominous. I’ve always found Soho Upstairs difficult to play. I’ve never performed solo there before, but have been in countless sitcom readings, plays and sketch screenings with Glyn in the past. It’s wide and sound doesn’t travel well. A panel of industry people will also be watching, who give feedback afterwards in front of the audience. This adds extra fun to proceedings.

As a result, I’ve been frantically trying to get new stuff down to give myself a head start. Quite a bit of material has either been tried out once or twice or never tried at all. By stopping for breath, I hope to let what I’ve written sink in. I can then use the fortnight before the 28th to perform and tweak it. I’ll probably do a short, primarily new set at Thursday’s Mostly Comedy and try to squeeze in an open spot in London sometime before it. I’ve got a couple of gigs in the diary the following week too. Once the first work-in-progress show has passed I can take stock on what I’ve got; hopefully, more than I think.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.