The Curious Incident of the Cat in the Day-time.


Today's been about confusing the cat.

My feline befuddlement technique-of-choice was replacing my furniture. It’s an expensive route to take. My swindle was perfectly timed: no sooner did she pop to the kitchen than two men came to take away the sofa (with my consent). She sauntered back to find a yawning gap where her favourite sleeping spot once was. I bet she thought she was having a senior moment. It was too big to just go missing.

She did her best to take it in her stride, as cats do. She didn’t give a thing away. After a quick glance around she bee-lined for a cushion on the floor and curled up on it. If she slept long enough it might come back.

Two hours passed. We called her back in the kitchen for treats when the delivery van pulled up. She returned to a newer, comfier sofa than its scraggy counterpart. I wonder what she thought. It's not as if I could reason with her. Cats have no concept of DFS.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.