More Than Mostly Editing.


I’ve spent the last few hours putting together the latest episode of the More Than Mostly Podcast.

It's one of my favourites. Arthur Smith and Jay Cowle were good, relaxed interviewees and the chat flows freely (sorry for channeling Alan Partridge). I enjoyed listening back to mine and Glyn’s banter too, which is surprisingly cohesive considering it was recorded at 2am.

This episode was quick to edit. The last one was a bit of a faff, as it wasn’t recorded directly onto GarageBand (as Glyn’s laptop was giving up the ghost and mine was plumbed into the venue's PA to run our cues). Each audio clip had to be synched, which was a pain in the arse. I had to do the same with this month's too, though it was easier. The God of Editing was smiling on me.

I went to the office this morning, to attempt to pin down a running order for next Saturday’s work-in-progress gig. I timed everything I’ve been working on, in whatever state it was in, to see how much I’ve got. I plan to do twenty to twenty-five minutes on Saturday. I’m doing five at an open mic gig on Wednesday and fifteen at a charity gig on Friday, so I’ll get a bit of a run up. I’m starting to feel more relaxed about having enough for the Soho Theatre date in March, but I’m going to have to up my work rate to be ready for Brighton in May. I think I can do it. I have to do it. At least I have this blog to fall back on. I’ll be plundering it for ideas in the coming months.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.