How Long Has This Been Going On?


I’ve been with my wife for ten years this month.

This doesn’t seem possible. Has time flown by that quickly? It seems like only yesterday that we went out on our first date. If it wasn't yesterday, it was the day before at least. It can’t be a decade ago. I wasn’t alive then. Did somebody move Christ’s birthdate?

While we’ve been in a relationship for ten years, we’ve been married for less than one. Our anniversaries in complete disarray. I don’t know how to chart them. Official documentation suggests we've been together seven months. Our eleventh anniversary will be Cotton or Tin, depending on how you look at it. If I analysed this too much, I’d never leave the house.

However long it’s been, it's not been long enough. Meeting my wife was the best thing that happened to me. Making her my wife was the second best. That doesn’t mean she didn’t have a choice.

(Feel free to reach for the sick bucket.)

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.