HDM-why?


I caught the train to London today to check a projector’s HDMI connection. Happy Valentine’s Day to me.

The projector in question was at The Actors’ Temple; the venue where I’m sharing a handful of work-in-progress dates with Peter Broughton-Rates over the next few months. Using HDMI is new to me – Doggett & Ephgrave use VGA – so I had good reason to go into town for a mundane purpose.

(Stop me if I'm being dull.)

As is often the case with these things, my time in the room was rushed. I was meant to have half an hour to fiddle with the set up. This didn’t happen. I arrived to hear the strains of the film Taxi Driver coming from the studio. De Niro didn’t talk to his reflection for a good fifteen minutes into my proposed thirty-minute slot. If there had to be a bloodbath, why couldn’t he pick up the pace?

Thankfully the guy taking the classes my visit was squeezed between was very helpful. The fact he was Martin from EastEnders was something for my own silent acknowledgement. Our technical fiddling proved inconclusive. We got the pictures to work, but not the sound. This isn’t urgent for the first show, but it would be helpful if I could have it.  I’ll have a look again when I go back in the week. Tomorrow’s blog will be about me using a plug socket.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.