Snown't Let Me Down.


I cancelled today’s planned Beatles Meet with Paul Harry Allen due to the snow. I now think I may have been a little previous.

I was already half way to the station, complete Beatles Box Set in my hand (well, in a sturdy carrier bag), when I made my decision. Paul lives in North West London, which is easy enough for me to get to, but I know what trains are like. It usually only takes someone breathing directly onto the track for everything to be cancelled. I don’t know why anyone would do something so risky, unless they were about to buff it.

I called to postpone, which he was fine with. As soon as I did this, the weather eased up. I’m not arrogant enough to suggest my choices have direct impact on our meteorological system, but I’d like to imply it.

It was a shame to call it off. Our last Fab Four session took place last August. We started at the beginning of their discography and got to Revolver, which is when things get interesting. I was looking forward to carrying on where we left off. It’s likely we’d have given Don’t Pass Me By and Revolution 9 a miss, unless Paul insisted we be completest. God knows what we’d do when we reached the solo years. We’d have to spread that across four separate dates. I’d attend Ringo Day by proxy. There’s only so much peace and love I can take.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.