Not My Face.


What better present could I get my mum for Christmas than a framed picture of two women she's never met?


Well, I presume she hasn’t met them. I can’t be certain, as I have no idea who they are. I hadn’t seen them myself until they arrived in the post. I ordered the photo, frame and all, from an online printing company. Actually, I didn’t. What I ordered was this:

 
The similarity is striking. I look like the one in the sepia glasses and my mum looks like the one with the glasses-on-a-chain. It’s not often you’re faced by your middle-aged female doppelganger. If I could track down the women so they could sign off the copyright, I’d send both pictures to Take a Break for use as a Spot the Difference competition.

(I’m being sarcastic. I’d send them to Puzzler.)

How thoroughly does this company check their items before posting? Even the briefest glance would pick up the dissimilarity with what was ordered. Particularly in my case: I never wear jewellery my outside my clothing.

The quality of the mystery picture is awful. Uploading it must have provoked the saddest of sad-faced icons. This expression would have matched the two ladies' when they opened it. What am I saying? They’re obviously long dead.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.