Luddite Design.


I’ve spent the afternoon putting together a promo image for mine and Peter Broughton-Rates’ forthcoming work-in-progress gigs. I started the process with a full head of hair. Now, I’m a bald man.

Photo editing isn’t my strong point, if I'm honest. I’m not sure what my strong point is. I’m looking forward to finding out, hopefully with enough lifespan left to do something with it. Knowing my luck it’ll be a skill that’s been rendered defunct, like wattle and daub walling.

(A good name for a medieval cop show, or long-dead married couple.)


Considering my limited means, I'm pleased with the results. It’ll do the job. I used the open-source software GIMP rather than Photoshop, because I don’t like spending money. A friend of Peter’s put together his artwork, to which I did some cut-and-shut editing to fit our split-bill line-up. You'll only see the joins if you look closely; or if you’re Glyn, who’s the King of Poster Editing. Literally. He has his own poster-editing realm.

I decided to go with a different title for my half of the evening for the first few dates, rather than kicking off with ‘…and Ephgrave’. This will leave room for growth. For me, the first few shows will be more a case of trying bits out than presenting a polished whole. It might even encourage people to come back from month to month. Stranger things have happened.

The time has come to get on with writing it. Our first gig is the 28th February at 7:30pm, at The Actors’ Temple, London. Why not come along? It’s free, save a small charity donation,  so you’ve got no excuse. Unless you have got an excuse, which is fair enough. Book here.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.