Joining in the Festivalivities.


Today I've officially confirmed I’ll be taking a solo show to this year’s Brighton Fringe Festival.

It’s something I’ve skirting around for a while. I applied a few months ago but, me being me, the offer didn't come through until this Tuesday. This wouldn’t have been a problem if it weren’t for the fact the deadline for registration is tomorrow. As a result, today's been taken up with finalising titles and blurbs and editing images, plus more than my fair share of wrestling with technology. I caught the bus to my mum’s in the midst of it, to walk her dog. I like to get about.

The good thing is this means a lot of the admin is done. There’s now just the small matter of writing the show itself. I see this as a minor detail. There's no reason to be concerned. My next deadline is the 28th February, which is the first in a monthly run of dates I’m sharing with Peter Broughton-Rates. He’ll be previewing his forthcoming Edinburgh show, while I’ll initially aim to do about 25 minutes, then work up more each month. I want to be at least half way ready by 23rd March, when I’m booked to perform a truncated version of the show as part of The Comedy Project Season at the Soho Theatre.

I can’t write coherently now. My brain is frazzled. I’ll document things in more detail as the days and weeks go by. One thing I will reveal now is the title, which is ‘…and Ephgrave’. Let's see how much confusion that creates.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.