Aural or Oral?


I started the day by asking my wife how to spell fellatio. Ours isn’t a usual relationship.



She’s my secret proofreader. I’m always asking her to check over blogs, press releases or Tweets. So much so, she probably finds it irritating. I hope not. I appreciate the help. She’s as pernickety about grammar as me; if she signs something off I know it’s okay. 

As a side issue, I was disappointed no-one responded to my BBC Breakfast Tweet. I thought it was good. Perhaps it would have been more successful if I’d referred to the sexual act in layman’s terms. Either that, or said that the person out of shot looks like Father Ted.

Other than posting childish tweets, I’ve been getting about. I had a chiropractor appointment this morning that was not a moment too late. My neck has been uncomfortable for weeks. I keep catching myself holding my head at a slightly jaunty angle and then rectifying it. I’ve also been suffering from my regular off-and-on condition, labyrinthitis, which has been making things difficult. Today, my chiropractor suggested that my constant Princess Di-style neck stance could be as a result of my brain trying to cope with the mixed signals it’s receiving from my balance receptors and compensating for them. I hadn’t thought of it like that. In a way, it’s reassuring; if I can fix one thing, I may be able to fix the rest too. Perhaps I can source a new vestibular system online.

I caught the bus to my mum’s house this afternoon to walk her dog. I’ve agreed to do it once a week when I'm free. He’s no trouble. He’s excellent company. It was nice to have an excuse not to write or think about work while I was there. I purposely switched my phone on to silent and didn’t look at it. This was inspired by Tuesday’s meditation lesson. I spend too much time thinking about things that need to be done, rather than being present in the moment. By committing to what I’m doing and allowing space for it, I should be more productive. It might also help my labyrinthitis.

After that, I went to the office to do some work on my solo stand-up. I have a few bits coming together that I’ll probably try at next Thursday’s show, if I’m in the right mood. I’m now back at the office, waiting for Glyn, so we sort out what we’re doing next week too. I got here at 7pm, and have just realised I’m meant to be meeting him at 8pm. I’m a dick. Oh well: more time to get pissed.

(I haven’t got a drinking problem.)

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.