11-16 Days Later


The journey to the station this morning felt like 'Attack of the Secondary-schoolkid Zombie Apocalypse'.

Everywhere I looked, teenage drones lurched toward the road; a sea of identically-uniformed nearly-adults with impractically over-lacquered hairstyles and a lack of spatial awareness. Thank God I was in a taxi. If I hadn’t been, they’d have swarmed and subsumed me as one of their own. I’d have come out the other side looking like one of the younger cast-members of The Inbetweeners. Imagine that.

It made me wonder where they all came from (their parents’ house) and where they were going to (school). They were a frightening sight en masse. I’ve never seen so many moody-faced people dressed in blue. Who says it’s a neutral, calming colour?

I was on my way into London for my first audition of the year. It was a reasonably good start. Nobody was harmed in the process. The only shock was discovering how much the train fare had gone up: £33.00 for a peak time ticket; I’ve been on cheaper flights.

At least was home, long before the second Zombie throng amassed. I didn't want to end the day as a member of the youngdead. Ha. 'Young'. 

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.