Road Rage.


To the motorist who took the turning yesterday, despite the fact I was already crossing, beeped his horn twice and then stared at me as he went past, pointing aggressively at his eyes: yes, I know. I’ve got them too.

I never knew that pedestrians weren't meant to cross roads, even when there’s no traffic in sight. If I did, I would have chosen a different route, albeit a very limited one. It's no wonder he beeped his horn at me. I got off lightly. Faced with such flagrant disregard for the Highway Code, he had every right to run me over.

His obvious swearing, though mute to me, was completely necessary; it’s the only way the two kids in the back would learn I was in the wrong as well.

(I’m being sarcastic.)

There’s an irony to this story. By being intent on presenting his eyes to me on driving past, he took them off the road again; thus endangering his family for the second time in minutes. Good work, that man. Good work.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.