This Blog Will Eat Itself.


Some days, I’ll start a blog post and then lose the will to finish it.

This was the case today. It’s not that I’ve gone off the idea as such; it’s just that I’m a little too tired to do it justice. It doesn’t help that I didn’t start writing until late. I spent the morning doing work around the house, then met my parents for lunch, then carried on with the housework. By the time I got to the office and sat in front of my computer it was pushing 4:00pm and my creative mojo had gone. I was working to the clock, as I’m meeting Glyn shortly to record some links for our podcast. If I start with the clock ticking I find it hard to relax. This isn’t conducive to good content.

The good thing about abandoning a post is I know I can come back to it when I’m stuck for material in the future. I usually won’t pick it up the next day, as by then, something else has often happened that’s worthy of writing about. Instead, I’ll return to it a few weeks later, when I can look at it afresh.

So, today’s post is purely about a post that could have been, and may still be in the future. That’s pleasingly meta. Like I said in the title: this blog will eat itself.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.