Friends (Not the Sitcom)

This afternoon, I caught up with a friend I haven't seen for a couple of years.

The fact we haven't been in the same room for so long is, frankly, a little bit ridiculous. We both live in the same town. That's the way it goes; you end up making more effort with the people who live further away, and neglect those who live closest. Why is life like this?

(Don't respond.)

Thankfully, our friendship is such that's it's easy to pick up where we left off. There's no judgement about the time that's passed. We just get on with it. 

It was lovely to see her and to hear how things have been going. We had a heck of a lot to fill each other in on and not enough time to do it. That's okay. Hopefully, we'll get back into the habit of seeing each other more often. She came armed with a wedding gift too, which was lovely, plus a batch of biscuits. You can't fail with biscuits.

The rest of the day was filled with a doctor's appointment, a meditation class, sending out emails to the acts appearing at tomorrow's London Mostly, and tinkering with my solo stand-up. I'd had a specific routine in my mind for tomorrow's gig that I'm not sold on. Then on Sunday, I had an idea for a bit of material that I think might be stronger. The question is: do I go with the skit that I know better but may not be funny, or take a risk on a thing I think has more potential, but I barely know. The jury's out. I'll decide tomorrow, damn it.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.