The Only Ephgrave Visible From Space.


The Google Street View car drove past me today while I was in Stevenage. Trust me to be immortalized in a shit location.

It doesn’t matter what else I achieve in my lifetime, I will only be remembered for this. Anyone planning a route through town will scroll past a flummoxed-looking me. My moment of realisation will be set in stone, enshrined for future generations. Knowing my luck, they won’t sensor my face.

This Google Map image will stand as a misleading tribute. While I grew up in Stevenage, I'm seldom there these days. I visit once and suddenly I’m a landmark.

This will be my Pompeii. It could be worse: I’d rather be photographed at a bus stop than encased in the ash from Vesuvius. Given the choice, that is.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.