Where Do I Go?


As I sat on my bed this morning, waiting for the man to finish fixing my bedroom window, I tried hard to make my choice of seat not seem like a come-on.

I didn't want it to be misconstrued as an invitation. I had nowhere else to go. I’d already tried standing with my arms folded, but this didn’t work out. I'd wandered into the bathroom to appear busy, while still being in earshot, but only ended up looking in the mirror. The one chair in the room was right next to him, so sitting there would be weird. The bed seemed to be the best option.

The window man was blissfully unaware of my awkwardness. He was too focused on the job in hand. Thank God. If the situation had been filmed by a time-lapse camera, my constant flitting around would look ridiculous. Trust me to feel uncomfortable in my own house.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.