Dutch David

This is my second blog in so many months to be written in the air. 

I'm currently en route to Amsterdam, for my post-wedding stag do. I like to do things backwards. By rights, I'll be engaged in a fortnight, then single a few weeks after that. 

As far as I'm concerned, today is still yesterday, if that's not too confusing a concept. Our flight departed at 6am, which meant I had to be up at 3am. Setting my alarm was depressing, to be cheerfully told by my phone that I had less than three hours sleep ahead. 

(You can tell how little I've had from that cumbersome sentence.) 

That said, I'm looking forward to the trip. I love Amsterdam. It's one of my favourite cities in Europe. I must have been there seven or eight times now, either on holiday or with work. Each time, it's been great. I've always fancied the idea of moving there for a year or so, if finances allowed. I'd like to live on a houseboat - knowing I was far enough away from the UK to avoid the downsides, but could return quickly if I needed to. 

I'm now back on terra firma, on a train to Amsterdam Centraal. I've yet to see a single windmill, pair of clogs or field of tulips. This is all set to change. I'll keep you informed of my progress. Now, I must sleep. 


Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.