Aid on a Gradient.


Today, I rescued a woman whose wheelchair was stuck in a fence, halfway down a steep hill. Call me SuperDavid.

At first I thought she’d stopped to pick blackberries, until I heard her calling for help. I then leapt into action, like the lithe, wiry creature that I am.

It was a good job I came along when I did, as it was pretty precarious. The incline was such that, even if she’d managed to wiggle herself free, she would have lost control of the chair and rolled into a main road. The upshot of this stunt doesn’t bear thinking about.
  
Getting her down the hill was tricky. I had to lean backwards to counterbalance the chair and stop it speeding away. It was an exercise in extreme concentration. One false move and she’d be off.

Once safely at the bottom, I pushed her across the road, then ran back up the hill to collect my bag. I then ran back down and saw her into town. I then continued onto my chiropractor appointment, now in more need of treatment than when I’d set out.

All in all, it was a typical morning. I’m now off to punch a swan to offset my good deed.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.