She Looks More Like Him Than I Do.


Last night, I went to a screening of A Hard Day's Night at the Prince Charles Cinema in Leicester Square. 

It was lovely to see it in such great shape. The music has never sounded as good. The energy still whip cracks from the screen fifty years later. It was also great to see it with an audience, as this was the way it was meant to be watched.

While it isn't my favourite Beatles film - I prefer Help and, controversially, Magical Mystery Tour for their looseness - it's still a lot of fun. It's also retained its freshness, partly because I haven't seen it as much as the others. 

I was struck most by how young they looked. I'm ten years older than the oldest Beatle, Ringo, was then. I need to pull my finger out. 

It's amazing to think how quickly The Beatles worked. Barely three years later they were making Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. What will I be doing three years from now? Whatever I'm up to, let’s hope I’ve grown a moustache.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.