Massive Tool.


For the last few days I’ve wondered whether the object I can see peeping over the top of the wall at the back of mine and Glyn’s office is a giant pencil.


I squint at it every day from the office window. People walk past, yet no-one acknowledges it. Perhaps it’s just hidden in plain sight.

It certainly looks like a giant pencil. I’d find out, if I wasn’t so apathetic.

What purpose does it serve? Is it merely a novelty item? It would be too unwieldy to write with. Imagine the size of the pad, the sharpener or the pencil case. It would need a team of six to snap it in half.

Why must the people opposite mock me with their outsized stationery? I wouldn’t do it to them.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.