Hair Apparent.


I have a blonde hair that insists on growing in the centre of my forehead.

This isn’t a new thing. I can’t attribute it to my advancing age. It's been growing there for years. For some reason, this lonely hair is a recurring feature: par for the course with being me.

Does my solitary follicle have a purpose? Is it the remnant of an ancestral horn? Perhaps the resulting hair is meant to ward off evil spirits, or to act as a manual override that makes my legs work when you tug it.

Whatever the reason, it's a source of embarrassment. It’s also invisible until it's a few inches long, when it suddenly becomes obvious (usually in public). Still, at least it distracts from my facial disfigurement.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.