The Final Curtain.


Yesterday saw the final performance of the Victorian Melodrama I’ve been doing at The Market Theatre for the past month, Marry Me or Be Evicted.

Last shows are always strange. It’s odd to think that everything you do will be the final time you do it. They can also feel pressured; if you have a bad night elsewhere in the run it doesn’t matter so much, as you get the chance to put it right, but you always want to end on a high.

Yesterday’s show wasn’t a bad one to close on; not the best of the run, but by no means the worst. We’d had an excellent turnout the previous night who were really up for it, so anything that followed was always going to be a little anticlimactic. Still, they laughed in most of the right places.

It was nice to revisit the play after a ten-year hiatus. I shouldn’t think I’ll do it again. I won’t completely write it off though. I might feel differently in 2024.

I’ll remember it fondly either way. It’s definitely one of the most fun shows I've been involved with.


Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.