The Final Countdown.


I get married in less than six weeks. As the day looms ever closer, all of the pieces are gradually falling into place.

You may be surprised that I haven’t mentioned this in my blog already. This is because I don’t expect other people to be as interested in it as I am. It’s very important to me, of course, and I’m looking forward to it – but that doesn’t mean that everyone else has to feel the same way. I also like to keep these things to myself.

(He says whilst writing a public blog about it.)

Weddings often become an exercise in narcissism. They’re also often a long time in-the-making. Not for us. I asked my girlfriend at the beginning of the year and we set the date for mid-July. Though the turnaround has been quick, nothing has suffered. The venue, reception and honeymoon are booked and everything’s just right for us.

It helps that we’ve been together for a long time. We also both think it’s not the wedding day that’s the most important part, but the many days that follow it. That's not to say that we don't have standards; we wouldn't hold the ceremony in a KFC.

I wonder whether being married will make me feel like a grown-up? Stay tuned to find out.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.