Stress at Breakfast.

I’m worried that my Weetabix portioning will be out of sync for the rest of my life.

Let me explain the situation. I got to the end of my Weetabix stocks a few boxes back, to discover that the last biscuit in the pack was broken beyond all recognition. I was left with a pile of wheaty dust. I’d usually put this in my breakfast bowl regardless of its non-solid state, but in this instance there wasn’t any point. It would have clogged up the milk unnecessarily.

The time had come to make an executive decision. I poured the remaining chunks of wheat into my food bin – I’m very conscientious – and opened up a new pack, so the penultimate Weetabix from the old box could have a fibrous companion.

(I like to have two for breakfast. I’m that sort of person.)

Ever since I’ve been out of sync. Weetabix is sold in even numbers. It makes for simpler packaging. You wouldn’t want a little adjunct to the standard box shape just to house an extra biscuit. That would be impractical. You also wouldn’t want to eat a Weetabix by itself. That would be unsatisfying.

That's my dilemma. I either have to accept that this is the way things will be until the day I die, or at some point eat an odd number of Weetabix. Tomorrow, I think I’ll just have toast.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.