Look Into My Eyes.


The lengths one of my neighbours goes to to avoid making eye contact when he passes me on the street are really quite impressive.

I’m not sure what he thinks will happen if he acknowledges me. Perhaps he’s worried I’ll go in for a kiss. He needn’t be concerned: I’d only do this he was wearing my favourite of his many sexy outfits.

The effort he puts into constantly attempting to create the impression that he hasn’t seen me, usually right outside our block of flats, far outweighs the energy it would take to nod and say hello. I’m not expecting to be invited round for dinner.  

(Not that I’d say no if he asked me.)

To be fair, I know what it’s like. I'll sometimes take a ridiculously convoluted route through town rather than face the prospect of seeing somebody I know. I even do this with people I really like. I am the King of Social Awkwardness.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.