Thirty-Third Orbit of The Sun.


I'm thirty-three-years-old today.

Let put this in perspective. By thirty-three, the Queen had been on the throne for eight years. The Beatles were all in the midst of their solo careers (Lennon was well past Imagine and McCartney, Band on the Run). Steve Coogan had made The Day Today, Knowing Me Knowing You, Knowing Me Knowing Yule and the first series of I’m Alan Partridge.

(Not that I set the bar high or anything.)

Based on this, I’d better get a wiggle on. Perhaps I'm worrying too much. Hendrix and Cobain had both been dead for six years by now; there's always someone worse off than you.

There's also always somebody older (unless you're Sir Bruce Forsyth or Carol McGiffin).

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.