The K Factor.


I recently reached the conclusion that when it comes to getting irritating music out of your head, the theme from The Krypton Factor is the perfect palate cleanser. 




I discovered this by chance whilst watching the Freeview channel, Challenge. I’d had the theme from Minder stuck in my head for days; it seems that my only prerequisite when listening to music is that it must feature in the opening or closing credits of an Eighties TV programme.

Dennis Waterman was the soundtrack to my every waking moment. I couldn’t walk the street without subconsciously keeping tempo with the theme. It was like being constantly shadowed by an aging ginger cockney, a jaunty pianist and a small, tight, brass section.

No sooner did Gordon Burns - texture like Sun - appear on my screen, than Dennis Waterman sprinted out of the building. The building of my mind, that is. I was free at last. What made it even better was The Krypton Factor theme didn’t seem to hang about.

The isn’t the only instance where this Orchestra Hit-tinged TV classic has sped to my aid. It also did the business today, when I needed to forget Bucks Fizz’s 1981 Eurovision-winning entry,  Making Your Mind Up.

If I ever meet the song’s composer, I’d like to shake them by the hand. To me, they are the fourth emergency service.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.