Transport Top Trumps.


While on the bus yesterday, I spotted this sign – and wondered who in the picture would be the most entitled to sit down.



It’s like Top Trumps. But who gets the best score: the child, the parent, or the man with the stick?

I think it's the man with the stick. He's the only one with an obvious disability. I can't see why the parent and child would take precedence, unless they've got some other physical restriction that isn't visible in the graphic.

If the person in the seat was heavily pregnant, it would be a much closer call.  This doesn’t seem to be the case, judging from the position of the child on their lap. That's assuming that they're related. If not, their tactility rings alarm bells.

Also, notice the parent's body language. That's the look of someone who isn't going to budge. They're not even acknowledging the presence of the man with the stick, which is pretty selfish.

I spent so much time trying to work out this brain teaser, that I very nearly missed my stop. I also didn't see the backlog of elderly passengers that were clogging up the aisle. 

That sign was more trouble than it was worth.




Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.