Stop! In the Name of Bus.


I’d forgotten how awkward flagging down a bus makes me feel until today.

I always worry that they won't see me. I’m the sort of person who is likely to be missed. My eyes flit between the driver and the indicator, hoping for the best.

I sometimes think they might be playing chicken; seeing how long they can leave it before looking my way. Perhaps they see stopping as an inconvenience - and any would-be passenger as a potential barrier to getting to their destination on time. Either that, or they had a bad experience in a bus stop and don't want to be reminded about it.

I should try to flag them down more confidently. Holding out a limp and non-committal arm just makes me look like a bit of a dick.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.