Mostly Blogedy.


I’m thinking about trying an experiment at tomorrow’s Mostly Comedy. Don't worry: there won't be a Bunsen burner involved.

With Monday’s Soho Theatre show and various other commitments, I've had no time to meet with Glyn to discuss any new material. We’d usually do something tried and tested when that's the case. You can’t do something new every month; well, we can’t anyway.

This wouldn’t usually be a problem, except for the fact that we’re doing our hour-long show at the club in a couple of months – and are trying to avoid doing much from it in Hitchin in the interim, to keep it fresh for the audience. As a result, I was thinking about us pretty much reading one of my blogs verbatim tomorrow night.

It won’t be the first occasion we’ve used my blog as a source for material. This is to be expected, particularly when I’m writing one a day; most of my ideas will wind up in it in some form or other. It will, however, be the first instance of us using one in such a raw state.

It will still be projector-based, as the idea involves a visual element.  I already ran a rough slideshow past Glyn a few months’ back, who liked the idea, so it won’t be completely unfamiliar. We’ll also put our usual double act stamp on it when we talk it through tomorrow morning.

Reading it out rather than having it learnt shouldn’t be a problem. Everyone else that previews material at our club does it, so why can’t we?

(Don't respond.)

My only issue will be logistical; I don’t like leaving my mic in its stand, and will also have to hold my remote. I guess I’ll just have to resort to the usual many-paged crib sheet at my feet.

That’s if we decide to go through with it. We’ll see how it goes. I may lose faith in it entirely over the next twenty-four hours.

If so, it wouldn’t be the first time.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.