Loo-ndon.


This morning I caught the train into town for a casting that had been postponed to tomorrow. Due to an unfortunate administrative error, neither me or my agent knew about this. As a result, I came to the capital with the sole purpose of using a public toilet.

Still, what a toilet. It had everything a convenience could need: a sink, a mirror, a choice of two different flush strengths. What else could I want?

(A bidet.)

I was particularly grateful for the excellent facilities, as I’d needed to use them from the moment I’d left the house. I was running late and didn’t have time to stop. Then a power failure on The Underground made me later still.

I needn’t have worried. I wasn’t ten minutes late for my audition; I was just under twenty-four hours early.

There’s keen and then there’s keen.   

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.