Man of the People.


I caught the bus this morning. See: I'M JUST LIKE YOU

I've not let my celebrity go to my head. Yes, I once appeared in an AA commercial. Yes, I was the face of a major campaign for a brand of Russian soup - but this hasn’t changed me. I’m still Jenny (David) from the block (Stevenage).

That’s not to say that it’s always easy. Being well known in North Hertfordshire can be a bind. I can't walk through the streets of Hitchin, Baldock or Letchworth without being recognised (though it's usually by someone I know).

Once I cross the Bedfordshire border, my freedom is restored. I become anonymous, and can mingle freely amongst the general public.  

(Except in Stotfold, where I’ll often see my mum. She'll recognise me, despite my efforts to disguise my appearance.)
  
If you bump into me, don't be intimidated. Say hello. I promise not to bite your head off. 

(Unless I’m busy, when I won’t appreciate the interruption.)
 
I don't do photographs.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.